The Advantage Press Room
The Advantage Travel Partnership, the largest consortium of independent travel agents in the UK representing 350 leisure and business agents, producing a combined £4.5bn of annual travel sales.
Since the outbreak of Covid 19 Advantage has secured extensive PR and public affairs coverage in the national media. The key objective of the consortium is to raise awareness of the plight of travel agents and the ongoing challenges that the travel industry is facing because of the Coronavirus pandemic, to be the voice of the independent travel agent and to relay the important role the consortium’s members will have across both business and leisure, in the economic recovery of a Global Britain.
The Advantage Travel Partnership’s CEO, Julia Lo Bue-Said and Kelly Cookes, Leisure Director have become go-to media spokespeople representing not only Advantage’s members and the travel industry but specifically the independent travel agent community for national broadcast, print and online media.
Both Julia and Kelly are available for interviews seven days a week. If you would like to contact us about press enquiries and potential media appearances or interview opportunities, please call the number below.
Call: 020 7324 3988 or +44 (0) 7795431969
- As an independent business, Advantage is dominant in both the leisure and business travel sectors of the market
- Despite its size, Advantage is still owned by its members on a strictly equal footing, the only organisation of its size to have that ownership status
- Since the outbreak of the Covid 19 pandemic, Advantage has featured in 65 broadcast interviews on BBC One, BBC Business, CNN, LBC, Sky News, ITV News among others
- Advantage has sent five letters to UK Government outlining the impact of the pandemic on the industry, resulting in a meeting with the Shadow Cabinet
- The consortium has had 55+ new member enquiries
- A total of 1,400 pieces of media coverage has been secured in the period between March 2020 – July 2021